I don’t like to post about pain too much as I don’t want to put people off having this surgery, as I know that in many severe cases like mine, surgery is unavoidable.
However, this is an honest blog about life after scoliosis surgery and if you need to have this surgery you will be interested in what it’s really like living your life after this type of surgery.
Today has been a bad pain day. Actually the past few days have.
- Stress I’ve been under alot of stress over the past couple of weeks and I think this is causing my back pain to flare up now. Maybe it’s the muscles tensing up I don’t know but it seems to be worse when I get stressed.
- Cold Weather Now the summer has come to an end (I know, I know, what summer right?) I can feel the cold working my way into my back and making it tense up more.
- Uncomfortable chairs I still need to get myself a decent cushion!! But most chairs are uncomfortable and will cause my back pain to flare up if I sit on them too long.
- Time of the month (ladies!) for some reason my back pain gets alot worse during this time, which is odd as this never happened before surgery!
- Being on my feet too long although I know this is also a problem for people who don’t even have a back condition and it’s usually relieved once I sit/lie down.
I had scoliosis surgery in 2010 and blog about my experiences living with scoliosis. My aim is to raise awareness of scoliosis and help and inspire others with the condition.